Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Remember & Trust . . .

Jeremiah prays, "Your words were found, and I ate them; and Your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart, for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts."
[good start]

He keeps praying, "I sat not in the assembly of those who make merry, nor did I rejoice; I sat alone because Your powerful hand was upon me, for You had filled me with indignation."
[explaining his feelings; saying his saddess (not rejoice/indignation) came from God.]

And he seems to be frustrated with God, "Why is my pain perpetual and my wound incurable, refusing to be healed? Will you indeed be to me like a deceitful brook, like waters that fail and are uncertain?"
[Problem: he feels like his pain is perpetual and wound incurable. He wonders if God will be deceive him, fail him, be uncertain.]

God responds and corrects Jeremiah. "Therefore thus says the Lord to Jeremiah: If you return and give up this mistaken tone of distrust and despair, then I will give you again a settled place of quiet and safety, and you will be My minister; and if you separate the precious from the vile, cleansing your own heart from unworthy and unwarrented suspicions concerning God's faithfulness, you shall be My mouthpiece. But do not yield to them. Let them return to you - not you to the people. And I will make you to this people a fortified, bronze wall; they will fight against you, but they will not prevail over you, for I am with you to save and deliver you, says the Lord."

God says to trust him; to 'extract the precious from the worthless' (New American Standard).
He says to remember his faithfulness and to trust . . . then we will live in quiet and safety, be his minister, and his mouthpiece.

We are not to be convinced or swayed by the people around us (or situations) that try to make us believe God is not faithful, trustworthy, or good. They are to be influenced by our trust in him.

God, please help me remember and hold on to your faithfulness Today.

Verses taken from Jeremiah 15:16-20, Amplified version

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog. I like your teachings here and especially your cries to our Father in Heaven. He has promised that He hears and sees each tear that falls, and I believe Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Audra. It is my prayer to grow in wisdom and understanding of the Lord and his heart. He reveals his mysteries. He is so good.
    I pray for blessings for you and your life, that God would fulfill the desires of your heart. May you be encouraged by His love today. Thanks for taking the time to encourage me and point to God's grace. :)

    ReplyDelete